Best Spring Carnival Ideas for Schools and Community Carnivals
With spring comes fresh flowers, sprouting trees, and spring carnivals! Whether it’s at school, church or other organization, hosting a carnival is a fun, community-building way to raise money.
Springtime is the perfect time to host a carnival outdoors and VolunteerSpot makes it easy to organize all the volunteers who make it happen with our time-saving online calendar sign up sheets and scheduler.
Not sure what games or booths to include?
Here are a few themes and ideas to jump-start your carnival!
- Spring Arts Fest: Nothing gets the creative juices flowing like an art fair. But what’s different about this fair is that you can take home all your own creations.
- Balloon Splatter Paint: Water Balloons + Paint = Kid-Friendly Splatter Painting. Watch your kid churn out his own Jackson Pollack creation with a few paint-filled balloons and a good arm.
- Pencil Pot: Wrap pencils in green pipe cleaners for the stem and tape pretty felt flowers at the eraser end of the pencil. "Plant" flowers in green garden foam inside clay flower pots.
- Three-legged Painting: Competitors run with their feet covered in paint to the finish line. The winners can display their painting at school for a week.
- Face Painting: A regular at carnivals, but always fun!
- Candy Cart: Have carts of colorful candies and lollipops on sale to brighten the event.
- Sports Bonanza: Everyone will be pumped for a sports-themed carnival. Get ready for a healthy and happy event!
- Baseball Pitch: Pitch baseball into different-leveled hula hoops.
- Archery Lesson: Teach kids and adults a fun beginner's archery lesson.
- Capture the Flag: An outdoor game of tag that takes it to the next level!
- Crab Soccer: Gather two teams and watch everyone on their hands and feet kicking around a giant beach ball.
- Hotdog and Cracker Jack Stands: Must-haves at every athletic game need to be at this carnival too!
- Almost-Summer Fun Fair: Summer might seem far away, but we can bring it to us! Make sure to wear bathing suites underneath because everyone is sure to get wet.
- Water Limbo: A shooting stream of water is the limbo stick in this game. The winner is the one who does not get wet.
- Water Cup Relay: Team members pour water from one cup to the next until they reach the finish line. Of course, the winning team pours the most water into the last cup.
- Tug of War: A simple game of tug of war with a twist – the dividing line in the middle is a blasting sprinkler.
- Soil Castle: Without sand, there’s the soil castle.
- Snow Cone Stand: Refreshing and tasty snow cones of every flavor are sure to be a hit as the weather heats up.
* * *
With these ideas, your bloomin' spring carnival will get a big boost!
Please share your Spring carnival traditions and ideas by clicking "comments" below.
This post proudly sponsored by Carnival Savers
10% discount on carnival supplies & prizes: Promo Code=VOLUNTEER