* * *
It’s back-to-school time, and due to recent state-wide budget cuts, teachers and schools need parents’ help this year more than ever. Parents will be asked to step-up and help in the classroom, the campus, and to support fundraisers.
Back-to-School represents different things to different parents
- Shopping the best sales for School Supplies
- Solving clothing Woes and Whines of the tween set
- Re-Connecting with your local Parent-Teacher group
- Registering your ‘baby’ for Kindergarten
- Generating a pre-school Car Pool group
- Researching ideas for awesome School Lunches
- Organizing yourself for a new adventure in Homeschooling
Whatever your back to school experience, we’re excited to build awareness on the importance of parent participation at school and within homeschool groups (moving more moms to action). We’re rounding up top bloggers to share their thoughts and ideas about the back-to-school craze and daze -- their various backgrounds, their laughs and their personal perspectives and experiences.
Views on Back to School, will bring together a fun, eclectic and powerful force that’s sure to make a memorable and inspiring series.We’re excited and honored to include these fabulous folks
- Clay Nichols - DadLabs – Taking Back Paternity (Line of Scrimmage)
- Cindy Hopper - Skip to My Lou – Craft, Create, Celebrate (Surprises for your New Student)
- Ciaran Blumenfeld - Momfluential - All Moms are Influential (New School Year! New You!)
- Wendi Aarons - The Mouthy Housewives – Snarky Advice Since 2009 (Back to School Advice)
- Magda Pecsenye - Ask Moxie – A mom and a parenting troubleshooter
- Danielle Smith - Extraordinary Mommy – Where Ordinary Meets Mom (A letter to my Daughter's Teacher)
- Tina Kelley - Mad Hatter Mom - Blended family perspective (Family Bonding during Back-to-School Shopping)
- Kim Moldofsky - Hormone Colored Days – Raising gifted children
- Carissa Rogers - GoodNCrazy – 3 Kids, 3 different kinds of GoodNCrazy (Surprise! I'm the new PTO VP)
- Lian Dolan - Chaos Chronicles – The working mother
- Rachel Matthews - A Southern Fairytale - Food and family
- Nancy Dorsner - FoodWhirl - Creative, Healthy Cooking for Modern Life
- Dot Dorsner - FoodWhirl - Creative, Healthy Cooking for Modern Life
- Ellen Seidman - Love That Max - Views on raising kids with special needs (A New Backpack)
- Jill Berry - MusingsfromMe - Tween viewpoints (Back-to-School Traditions)
- Amy Mascott – TeachMama – From a teacher’s perspective (Hello School Year, Hello Teacher Notes)
Lawrence-Weiss - Mommy Perks - mom/family deals & stories
After a long BlogHer weekend in NYC, meeting and greeting plus a whole lot of ‘air-kissing’ interesting and influential bloggers, we are thrilled to share this series with our VolunteerSpot readers! We would love to hear your thoughts and experiences as well, please join us and feel free to leave comments and questions for the bloggers, they’ll be happy to respond!
* * *
Special thanks to Julia Kennedy Jayes (UncommonMisconception) and Stephanie Schwab (StephanieSchwab.com) for helping curate this awesome group of bloggers in support of parent-participation during back-to-school!