Valentine's Day Gift Ideas!
Looking for a way to say "Thank You!" to all of those people who help support your organization all year long? Volunteers are those kind of people we love to thank, people who help out without wanting anything in return. What better time to recognize them than on Valentine's Day, where love is spread through chocolates, candies and everything heart-shaped?! This Valentine's Day, shower your volunteers with appreciation to let them know how much you love what they do.
To get you started on your volunteer lovin', we've come up with 10 ways to recognize your volunteers on Valentine's Day:
10 Valentine's Day Gift Ideas for Volunteers:
- Have your program recipients (or teachers/students) make or sign valentine’s cards for the volunteers! Thank you – we LOVE what you do for us!
- Give your volunteers a break! Host a Valentine’s Day potluck luncheon where your volunteers can come together and let each other know how much they’re appreciated.
- Create a photo wall where volunteers sign-in, including photos of volunteers in action, hearts and love notes.
- Tulip bulbs are a fun way to express your “growing” appreciation for your fantastic volunteers, pair them with a note on how each volunteer has contributed towards the organization, and why they’re a crucial part of your organization’s team.
- Treats always go a long way towards saying “Thanks!”, whether they’re homemade or store bought, everyone loves something sweet on Valentine’s Day.
- Ask for their feedback about what’s working, and how you can improve the volunteer program to make it more meaningful and fun for them. (Do this over lunch or coffee, even better!)
- Anything heart-shaped: chocolate, cards, balloons, cakes, or stickers. You can’t lose on Valentine’s Day with heart-shaped gifts.
- Go old-school! Make a shoebox into a Valentine’s mailbox, like you used to in elementary school, and have volunteers leave notes for each other throughout the week as they come in for their shifts.
- See our past blog posts for more fun ideas on Thanking Volunteers, Valentine’s Day, and Volunteer Appreciation
- Check out VolunteerSpot’s free and idea-filled "Volunteer Recognition from A to Z" ebook on how to recognize your awesome volunteers.
Happy Valentine's Day to you and your volunteers!
~ Team VolunteerSpot