Organize Online Potluck Sign Ups | Sign Up Saturday
Have you ever been to a pot luck and there were 4 cheese and cracker trays and no entrees? Or several casseroles and no forks? Planning a gathering for a lot of people requires just that, planning! Whether you're organizing a teacher appreciation luncheon, Thanksgiving dinner, family reunion, church social or company picnic -- VolunteerSpot is here to help make the process a breeze. With free and easy online sign up sheets and reminders, everyone can sign up to contribute a dish, say what they're bringing, and prepare for a fun and fabulous gathering!
Potluck Sign Up (Organizer View): Organizers plan a Single Day activity and click the gold Add a TO BRING button to enter the needs for the potluck -- the number of main dishes, drinks, and flatware, etc. Once planned, invite guests to particiapte with an email invitation or a link in a newsletter, listserve or Facebook.
Online Potluck Sign Up Sheet (Participant View): Guests choose their items, signing up from a computer or smartphone. Interactive comments let guests share what they're bringing, ask questions of organizers, and plan with each other. Automated reminders go out two days prior to the potluck, helping everyone remember their commitment!
Tips for setting up your Potluck:
- Leave space on either side of the food serving table(s) allowing for two flows of traffic - it will keep the line moving and feed hungry mouths faster!
- Provide napkins and flatware first! If you do not have tables set, simply place napkins and flatware at the beginning of a food serving table ensuring folks won't forget them!
- Place drinks and desserts on a separate table as most eaters will have to set down their meal plate where they sit before grabbing drinks or more food - it leaves space at the main entree table as well.
- Plan a fun activity during the meal wrap up that will engage folks over coffee and dessert; something as simple as asking folks to share their first jobs, share their most embarrassing moment, and so forth. Makes for a fun and memorable meal!
- Double check your sign up sheet. Did you include these items:
Main dish (with meat)
Main dish (vegetarian)
Vegetable side dish
Breads and rolls
Plates, cups and napkins
Utensils and serving pieces
Pitchers for water
Soda or juice beverages
Adult beverages (beer and wine)
Extra folding tables and chairs
Now that you're all setup, get cooking! Check out these top rated Potluck recipies from allrecipies.com.
photo courtesy of Photobucket by learner2010