Teacher Gift Ideas, Simple & Creative
Four Fabulous Festive types of Gifts for the Teacher in your life! Need simple ideas for your kid's school teacher this year? We've collected gift ideas that will practically make themselves, getting you back to the task of enjoying the holidays with your family!
- Have your child write a letter with a picture to the teacher, (Tip: make a photocopy for the principal's file as well). It can be a simple Thank You & Happy Holidays, or their five
favorite memories from the semester.
- Create a group digital eCard from all the kids, created from a VolunteerSpot request for parents to add their thoughts to a Google doc (or just emailed in).
- Collect donations for ad space and design a special thank you for your local paper or newsletter shouting out your teacher.
- Wrap up a box of blank Thank You cards. If a teacher has 30+ students who all send in gifts and do special things for them, that's a lot of thank you responses (and extra expsense) he or she might need to send!
- Cozy Night In! Treat the teacher with a basketful of warm goodies including gourmet hot chocolate, teas, and cider with a personalized mug. Top off with warm and fuzzy mittens and a scarf!
- Movie Night! Grab a couple fun DVDs, add a pack or two of microwavable popcorn, frozen Jr. Mints and 2 bottles of cream soda to create the perfect movie night! Top off with a gift certificate to the movies! (Label it, “Stay In or Go Out?”)
- Holiday on the town! Ask around town for discounted tickets to a local holiday concert or performance
- Seasonal Treats! Special treats like mini pies, gourmet cupcakes, chocolates, or muffins-in-a-jar will help to make the season bright (and the tummy happy)!
- Holiday ornaments are keepsakes which make an appearance year after year - simple ribbon with unique holiday trinkets and a Happy Holidays note on the back create a special remembrance.
- Create an idea-folder filled with printed up fun classroom-appropriate craft ideas for the upcoming seasonal months. Scour the internet for terrific ideas including academic related ideas you know will be covered, ex. 5th grade will be American History, so look up Washington and Lincoln crafts.
- Gift Card Snow Globes are a super simple yet creative way to present your teacher with some quick cash.
- Hand-made photo frames can include a class picture or be left open for the teacher to fill with their own personal memories.
Sometimes what they need IS what they want!
- School supplies - Fill a reusable grocery bag with school supplies the teacher and classroom are low on. (Send a request via VolunteerSpot with suggested supplies).
- Treasure Chest - Collect donations for the classroom treasure chest; small prizes, stickers and toys are always handy as special rewards and class party activity prizes.
- Gift cards are always 'the RIGHT size!' Think: grocery stores, office supply stores, favorite restaurants and gasoline.
- “You Deserve a Winter Break” Kit! Have parents donate gently used ‘brain candy’ books and mindless movies. Add a box of relaxing tea, chocolates, bubble bath and a gift certificate for dinner out.
Please share the best gift you have ever given (or received) to a teacher! Why was it great, how did you accomplish it? We'd love to share it with our facebook readers!
Find more Teacher Gift ideas in our free e-book!