8 Pinterest Shots to Get Parents Excited About the School Auction
By: Sherry Truhlar of RedAppleAuctions
For Moms working on the school auction, consider these easy ways to share your school auction, as seen through your camera’s lens.
1. Showcase your volunteers. Snap a photo of volunteers working, like painting the backdrop canvases that will be stationed around the room, or stuffing invitations into envelopes.
2. Highlight a way-cool item that you know will get guests salivating.
3. Show where the money will go. If money raised from your school auction will re-grade the football field, show the existing problems in the field. If it goes towards scholarships, show the students studying in the library.
4. Take me on the journey as you transform your venue. If the auction will be held in the school gym, let me see bleachers being moved away to make way for silent auction tables. Let me see the décor committee setting up the props.
5. Share a special moment from last year’s event, like an excited bidder wildly waving her bid card or three friends laughing around the silent auction table.
6. Are you honoring anyone? Is there a key person who needs to be seen in your photos? Put his or her photo on your site! At one of my school auctions, the Pastor was always an integral part of the gala. One year he agreed to cut off his ponytail at the end of the auction, if a certain amount of money had been raised. Posting a photo of him receiving his end-of-gala haircut would draw traffic.
7. Got a theme? Showcase it! Take shots of the centerpieces, the décor, or whatever else conveys the theme.
8. Take a photo of the auction invitation and put it on your Pinterest site. Include a website beneath the photo that tells guests where to go for more information or to buy tickets.
You might have already found other ways to use Pinterest to promote your school auction. Share your ideas below!
Fundraising auctioneer Sherry Truhlar, CMP, BAS, CAI is featured in national publications for her trend-setting work with auction fundraisers. She teaches auction chairs easy ways to improve an auction’s financial return. Start improving your auction today by getting her FREE Auction Item Guide TM. The Guide lists the 100 top-selling items sold for over value in charity auctions. Claim your FREE copy at http://www.RedAppleAuctions.com.