Tracking & Measuring Volunteer Engagement
How does your organization retain volunteers? Does your school or nonprofit find it harder or easier to convince parents and volunteers to return for future opportunities? There are several ways to thank volunteers and encourage their returned commitment to your group, however, your appreciation carries greater weight when volunteers are made aware of the specific impact they made. This means measuring your organization's impact in your community and tracking the reach as a result of volunteer efforts.Take into account the physical production of volunteer efforts - your impact with a tangible result, e.g. # families fed, # books distributed, # trees planted, # patients treated.
- Process Measures: Measure the time and energy in increments which capture the whole of your entire group's work and action, e.g. # volunteer hours, # administrative hours, # race stations staffed.
- Community Measures: The permeation of technology into everyday life, with smartphones and tablets, makes social integration a key measurement for volunteer engagement - quantify "social engagement", e.g.
- Facebook likes, comments, reach
- Flicker and YouTube posts/views
- Twitter followers, RTs and MTs
- Newsletter list, RSS subscribers
- Blog visits, bounce rate, time on site, page views.
Statistics and results
Links in e Newsletters
Track volunteer schedules online with free volunteer sign up sheets! Automated reminders and easy-to-access reports make engaging volunteers easy and convenient!