Our 5 Favorite Apps & Tools for Volunteer Appreciation
Volunteer Appreciation Week 2013 fast approaches (April 21st - 27th) and as experts on volunteer management, we at VolunteerSpot want to share some creative, social ideas for recognizing your volunteers! Check out our 5 fave apps and tools for showing volunteers some love:
1. Facebook: The largest social platform is a great way to recognize volunteer efforts!
- Update your organization's cover photo with a bright, and inspiring visual that recognizes your volunteers
- Tag specific volunteers with a message of thanks daily
- Create a photo album from volunteer events that can be shared online
2. Tout: Quickly capture 30 second video on your smartphone and share via social media. Tout it out!
- Have volunteer managers and coordinators give a group 'thanks' to volunteers
- Have benefitting community members thank volunteers for their work
- Have local heroes and civic leaders say 'thank you' to your volunteers
- Create a board with fun volunteer appreciation party ideas
- Inspire volunteers with a board of volunteer and service-oriented quotes
- Pin images of creative 'thank you' gifts
4. Cabot's RewardVolunteers: Free for iPhone and iPad, encourage volunteers to share their spirit of service!
- Log your volunteer hours and gifts of time
- Share with friends via social media and facebook, photos too!
- Win monthly prizes for your organization or group. Check it out now!
- Select volunteers to thank by day and time signed up
- Quickly send a Thank You email right from your online sign up
- Track volunteer hours on your online sign up to honor your biggest givers
BONUS: Free online sign up sheets make it easy to organize your volunteer appreciation event - quick scheduling, convenient access 24/7 from computer or smartphone, and automated reminders!
Volunteer Appreciation Resources: