Social Media Hints & Tips
Twitter provides a great way for schools to keep in touch with their parent community - for sharing volunteer opportunities, fundraising news and volunteer appreciation stories! But how can you get your school parents to join your twitter community and engage with your school online? Try these 5 easy ideas:
1. Promote your social handles everywhere. Share your twitter handle with a simple "Follow us today!" call to action on correspondence with parents - in eNewsletters, on fundraising materials, on your school's webpage, and even on flyers home.
2. Link your twitter feed up to facebook. Social widgets are super hot right now and really easy to link up to from your popular facebook page. Applications like Woobox help you do it for free in seconds, more info here
3. Host a giveaway. A great way to gain followers in social media is to host a small giveaway (think small gift cards, movie tickets); make a point of entry for your parent community to follow your school on twitter. Platforms like Rafflecopter are great for this, more info here
4. Connect with your ambassadors. Does your school have social media mavens or bloggers with big followings in your community? Network with them to strategically promote your school's twitter account, retweet your school, and encourage parents to follow you.
5. Share relevant information. Your twitter feed is a great way to relay important news and updates to school parents and teachers, but it's also a fun way to engage your community with interesting resources and ideas. Share great potluck recipes, intriguing parenting articles, and hot new education apps, to name a few, to keep your feed vibrant and engaging.
You may also like: