7 Trends for Carnivals & Festivals in 2013
2013 has seen its array of 'trends' so far from pop-culture to eco-friendly iniatives. Incorporating "what's hip" into your school, church or non-profit carnival or festival is sure to boost profits, turnout, and FUN! Check out these 7 easy ideas:
1. Eco-rewards: Extra tickets for bringing reusable bags to tote home prizes from the carnival are huge for schools and nonprofits right now. Healthy snack options at carnivals are on the rise too, with fresh fruit cups and lemonade & cider (instead of sugary sodas and juices).
2. Temporary Tattoos: The novelty face painting booth is taking on new forms in 2013 - and temporary tattoos are in! With the low cost of buying temporary tattoos in bulk, and the time it saves to apply and make a kid smile at your event, these are a quick and easy alternative to face paint - more variety and less cleanup too!
3. Adding Product Sales: Slipping your annual product sale into its own booth at your carnival is a great way to add revenue and make some sales. Keep it seasonal with your holiday gift, gourmet chocolates, spirit cups and popcorn sales in the Fall - and reusable tote bags, gourmet coffee, and luxury products in the Spring. Check out other fun ideas here
4. Photo Booths: Taking a note from the social media wave, people love having and sharing pictures! Photo booths can be rented or easily assembled on the cheap with a simple curtain backdrop and fun props (jumbo sunglasses, feather boas, fake mustaches). DIY photo booths can be manned by volunteers who take pictures for folks with a Polaroid or the family's own phone/camera.
5. Silent Disco: Wireless headphones and a slamming deejay turn your private dance party into a shared experience at this year's carnival or festival. With paid entrance into the festival dance tent, all patrons listen to the same music supplied to their headphones and have a blast without drowning out the whole event with loud music.
6. Online Scheduling: Carnivals and festivals are the products of lots and lots of handson effort. There is no easier way in the digital age to coordinate hoards of volunteers than with free online signups from VolunteerSpot. Mobile access and automated reminders are key to getting more people involved to make your even an even bigger success. More info here