8 New Themes for an Old Classic – Potlucks Just Got Groovy, Again!
Cool moms and teachers don’t do casseroles…or do they?! We’ve updated the ooey-gooey casserole stand-bys with fresh takes like Breakfast for Dinner and Chili Cook-Offs. So what else might make your potluck stand out as the party to attend this season? A theme is a sure-fire way to get more people involved and will create a buzz around your event. Give these a try!
- Tailgate / ballpark foods are great for fall and spring – sport team colors
- Everything starts with the letter ___. (If you’re honoring a guest or celebrating a cause, use the first letter of their name or organization!)
- Heritage foods let people get to know more about one another and their family background
- Restaurant make-overs can inspire a little friendly competition
- Luaus offer activities for all ages and are always bright and colorful
- Cajun celebration/boil or fish fry are great for festivals and fundraisers
- Mexican Fiesta is a crowd pleaser – but add a salsa competition for some fun prizes
- All About Pie makes people smile and offers vegetarian & kid-friendly options.
Use VolunteerSpot’s free online potluck sign up sheets to organize who’s bringing what – from food & drinks to napkins & plates – with free automatic reminders, too. Coordinating your decorations with your theme will make it easier for you and more fun for all. Bon appetite! Get started now