The Perfect Gift for the Person Who Gives
It can be mind-boggling to find the perfect holiday gift for the person who spends most of their own time giving and helping others. We're here to help! Check out these 5 thoughtful, quick gift ideas and get giving:
1) Gift Card for Giving: For the person who looks to change lives, give them the gift that keeps giving like a Kiva.org gift card. A thoughtful gift like this gives your favorite volunteer the convenience and opportunity to help someone else in the world with a micro-loan that is paid back over time, allowing them to give again in the future.
2) Eco-Friendly Swag: Your ultimate giver is bound to be as mindful of the environment as they are about helping others. Hook them up with a personalized, reusable gift like a tote bag, travel mug, sustainable phone or tablet case, water bottle, or recycled paper notebook.
3) Gas Gift Card: Those volunteer miles can wrack up - driving to the food bank every week, back and forth from school, to the animal shelter again and again, even on longer service and mission trips . . . and the miles are barely tax deductible! A gas gift card helps power the people who do GOOD work, help them out this holiday season with a free tank on you.
4) Framed Photo: Your ultimate volunteer will appreciate a special photo of them with their fellow volunteers or the folks whose lives they are impacting. Sign with a special note on the back from your organization. Can't find a pic? Frame a beautiful printed quote about helping others, kindness and compassion - our faves here.
5) Handwritten Card: For the class parent who always pitches in or the volunteer whom your non-profit can always count on, tell them with words how much their kindness and generoisty means. A heartfelt message of thanks during the holidays is a gift that stays with a person and carries the true spirit of the season.
Bonus Idea: Give the gift of time! Use free online signups to coordinate volunteers quick and easy - 24/7 signup access from a computer or smartphone relieves the stress of frustrating 'reply-all' emails and automated reminders keep everyone on track! And check out more great gift ideas in our free eBook: