5 Simple Spring Fundraising Solutions for School Parent Leaders
Does the thought of Spring fundraising season keep you up at night? Are you losing sleep worrying about getting enough parent support to make this Spring’s fundraising goal? Fret no more! With these 5 tips & tricks, you’ll be bright-eyed, bushy-tailed and ready to raise some dough!
1. Go Show ‘Em: Spark the interest and ignite the incentive for your school parents to get involved and give with creative, rich displays of how the money will impact the school
- Start a Pinterest board with images of the education technology your school
- Make a video of the dilapidated stadium seating that needs replacing
- Keep parents updated with eNewsletters and classroom blogs
2. Go Delicious: Raise some major “dough” this season! Choose a sweet selling fundraiser that’s all about giving school families a quality product they can enjoy (without the gimmicks, contracts and paperwork that can make fundraising so messy). Try Butter Braid® Brand Fundraising and boost profits with delicious hand-braided pastries families love to bake together. Local representatives, short turn-around times and high per-item profits make this fundraiser ‘easy to swallow’! Check out Butter Braid® Brand Fundraising today
3. Go Digital: Use free online signup sheets to organize your fundraising committee and event volunteers. Schedule your volunteer jobs and tasks in minutes and invite your school parents to sign up from the convenience of their smart phone or computer. Rely on eCalendar sync & automated reminders to keep everyone on track! Get started
4. Go Social: Use strategic social amplification to get the word out about your Spring fundraiser. Connect with school parents on facebook, twitter, Instagram, even Pinterest to share volunteer sign-ups, images & videos of the upcoming carnival or auction, news about where the money raised will go, etc. Recruit tech savvy school parents to volunteer to help get the word out through their active social communities too! More ideas here
5. Go Delegate: What can lead to fundraising exhaustion (and impending ice cream binges) is trying to do everything yourself! Take a new path this Spring and delegate, delegate, delegate! Find a social maven in the PTA who can schedule a strategic social outreach plan for your fundraiser, or bring on a parent who wants to help from home and ask them to coordinate the online volunteer schedule.
Check out our sponsor Butter Braid® Brand Fundraising today!