We Love These Reads from Macmillan Children’s Publishing Group (and your kids will too)!
Looking for the perfect kid's book for family vacation? Encouraging your kids to read on their own while school is out? It's easy to get kids excited about reading with these fab finds from Macmillan! For boys, girls, and all ages, this versatile, colorful cast of characters makes for worlds your kids will love getting lost in.
Check out our 5 favorite picks (and a book giveaway) below:
1. The Curious World of Calpurnia Tate – The story continues for the curious and precocious Callie Vee in this follow-up to Newbery Honor winner The Evolution of Calpurnia Tate. Set in early 20th century Texas, Calpurnia Tate is wrangling siblings and animals in this hilarious and heart-warming story. Click here to read an excerpt and learn more, and enter to win a copy of the first book, The Evolution of Calpurnia Tate below!
2. Moone Boy – This fan favorite follows the life and times of Martin Moone, a single eleven year old with too many sisters. Desperate for a decent wingman to help him navigate his life, Martin takes the advice or his best mate and gets an imaginary friend; hilarity and adventure soon follow. Click here to help your child create the perfect imaginary friend and learn more about Moone Boy!.
3. Return to Augie Hobble – In Caldecott Honor winner and children's book illustrator Lane Smith's debut novel, we meet Augie Hobble, a down-on-his-luck boy menaced by bullies, failed classes, and a crush that won't pay him any attention. Plus he thinks he’s turning into a werefolf! A series of seemingly paranormal events take Augie on an adventure that turns his life upside down. Click here to read an excerpt!
4. From the Notebooks of a Middle School Princess – From the New York Times–bestselling author of The Princess Diaries comes the story of Olivia, a girl who thinks she is completely average until the day she meets her half-sister, Princess Mia Thermopolis of Genovia. This exciting book comes with an even more exciting giveaway! Have your kid enter to win a $2,500 Pottery Barn gift card by writing an essay on the topic, "If I found out I were royalty, I would…" Learn more!
5. The 39-Story Treehouse – In this third installment of The Treehouse Series we catch up with Andy and Terry in their astonishingly large and luxurious tree house with jumbo-sized antics to match! Learn more about how Andy and Terry have fun and match up against their nemesis, the Trunkinator – click here. Bonus: Have creative kids? They can win big by drawing their own level of the treehouse and submitting it in the “My Perfect Treehouse” contest. Click here to enter!
Fill in your info below and LEAVE A COMMENT ON THE BLOG about
which of these super summer reads your kids will want to read!