No matter if you have the best product, the most entertaining event, the hardest working volunteer staff – you name it – if people don’t know about your fundraiser, it’s going to be hard to ask them to contribute. For schools and teams, the typical note home or community flyer is proving to be an outdated standby without enough traction to really tip the needle.
Break away from the traditional and try out these modern-age tech tools for getting the word out about your fundraiser!
1. SmartRaiser: What if you could give your entire team or school community access to your product or ticket sale fundraiser, right from the convenience of their mobile device? Enter SmartRaiser, the newest SMS and mobile store application for busy groups that are looking to raise money fast! Learn more
Save time and boost profits with easy-to-use mobile store and payment services plus NEW text-to-fundraise technology and social media integration tools. Get started
2. VolunteerSpot: Streamlining volunteer coordination and communication online with free sign-ups from VolunteerSpot means more volunteer participation and support for your big event. Spread the word about volunteer shifts and events news by posting your online sign-up links in emails, on social media, and via apps like Remind. Count on mobile access, eCalendar syncing and automated reminders to keep everyone track and showing up for the big day! Get started
3. Pinterest: Hosting a gala auction or carnival? Share pictures of auction items, centerpieces, decorations, carnival games and more with your school Pinterest community. Include event hashtags, i.e. #EastElemWinterCarnival, with links to the event landing page for more information. Follow our Fundraising Ideas board on Pinterest today.
4. Periscope: One of the hottest free trending livestream apps, Periscope allows your school-parent group or nonprofit leaders to livestream a fundraising event, webinar or conference right from their smartphone. Tweet and facebook links out to your school community during the event to encourage people to check out the attractions and boost last-minute attendance!
5. Instagram: Nothing boosts fundraiser turnout like awesome incentives that encourage participants to do something fun for a chance to win. For a live-action event like a carnival, Book Fair, or community night, ask parents and kids to snap a selfie with the school mascot or honorary guest and post on Instagram with the fundraiser hashtag. Hold a raffle based off those posts and count on the free publicity to help bring in some last-minute stragglers.
Thanks to SmartRaiser for this great post!
Check out their mobile store and text-to-fundraise program today, it's easy!