Getting Organized in the New Year
What’s trending in organization tools for busy moms in the New Year? We’ve got you covered with a top 5 list of expert recommendations to help you save time and stress less in 2016!
1. Label, label, label: Save time tracking down your child’s belongings and get organized in the New Year with StickerKid name labels, wall decals and posters. With personalized stickers for everything your kid owns, wears and plays with, StickerKid offers an array of fun colors and designs for you and your child to choose from. An intuitive and quick selection and design process will have you ordering just the right labels in minutes – with iron-on versions for clothes too! Learn more
Bonus: Just in time for the holidays, StickerKid has great deals on holiday-themed wall decals, gift labels and posters for the home. Learn more
2. Use free online sign-ups: Busy moms do it all – wrangle class party helpers, manage team snack schedules, and keep the car pool calendar organized. There’s a simpler way than last-minute phone calls and frustrating ‘reply-all’ emails though! Free, online sign-ups make it easy to organize groups of people and projects of all sizes. Mobile access, eCalendar syncing and automated reminders keep everyone on track too. Try it for free!
3. Find an app for that: 2016 is officially closer to 2020 than it is 2010 – we’re living in the future and it’s time to start thinking like that! Chances are your pet peeve or biggest time management woe has an app solution. Having trouble keeping everyone on track with the family calendar. Try Cozi Family Calendar! Need to share team rosters and game schedules. Try TeamSnap! Looking for a mobile school directory for your PTA? Try DirectorySpot!
4. Routinely reduce: Make the New Year the time to stop acquiring and start giving. Place three boxes in the garage labeled “Can it,” “Consign,” and “Charity.” Routinely make the way through your house with the kids, be it once a month or once a season, and rid rooms of unwanted and gently used items to trash, sell or donate. Bonus: The free app, It’s Deductible, from Intuit helps you keep track of all the items you donate to Goodwill, Salvation Army etc. Learn more
5. Make use of line time: Waiting in the carpool line? How about at a doctor’s appointment? Stash key lists, bills and reminder notes in a tote bag in the car for you to tend to when you have a few minutes waiting. Return phone calls, check your volunteer sign-ups, pay bills, schedule appointments, etc. You’ll be glad you made use of what could be “wasted time”!
Our friends at StickerKid make it easy to label and keep track of your family’s belongings, but did you know they can also help your school raise money? It’s easy for schools to turn a profit selling items parents really need and love like customizable and iron-on labels, get started with the unique fundraiser today – click here!