It's a hard truth, but the back-to-school countdown has begun for many schools already. If you are planning on becoming a room parent this year (or are even thinking about it), rest easy - the online world is full of great resources to make your job easier, more streamlined and even fun.
Check out our top 5 room parent resources:
1. Essential Room Mom Teacher Checklist: As a critical liaison between teacher, parents and students, the designated Room Parent has lots to cover with the teacher. From a calendar of parent volunteer needs to how the teacher prefers to communicate, student food allergies and school policy, this go-to list is a valuable asset to any room parent.
2. Room Parent Signup Sheets, Letters & Templates: Struggling with how to reach out to class parents at back to school time? Fret no more - take a look at the best list online of sample signups and letters and get started today.
3. Free online parent scheduler: Gone are the days of paper signup sheets and annoying reply-all emails! Free online sign up sheets and parent scheduling tools from SignUp.com are your key to getting more parents involved by making it more convenient for them to volunteer. Set up classroom calendars (field trips, class parties, enrichment lessons, reading time, lunch and recess duties, you name it) online, invite parents to sign up from their computer, smartphone or tablet and rely on automated reminders to help everyone keep their commitments!
4. RoomMomSpot.com: Get organized and inspired with the dedicated RoomMom blog, RoomMomSpot.com. With everything from sample room parent letters and online signup templates, to class party ideas, top tech tools and apps for room parents, and more - RoomMomSpot is your go-to online destination for everything 'room parent'.
5. Pinterest: Pinterest is taking the room parent community by storm! Visual pin boards allow for creative collaboration and sharing of ideas when it comes to enhancing the classroom and school environment. Find recipes for the class party, field trip ideas, bulletin and door decorations, even parent volunteer appreciation inspiration all on Pinterest. Follow SignUp.com's Room Mom Ideas board HERE.
Bonus: Watch & share our Room Mom Video - click HERE!