Project Graduation Activities and Games
Project Graduation is a tradition for many schools across the country, providing an all night, alcohol and drug-free celebration for students right after graduation. Leaving a memorable and lasting impression for years to come, Project Graduation is all about having fun with friends.
Don’t miss our 10 fun, last-minute ideas for your Project Graduation night:
- Drum Circle - Everything from buckets, to hand drums even pots and pans makes for a raucous time students will love! Ask a musical volunteer to lead the group with a beat to follow and encourage students to join in and add to the rhythm.
- Glow in the Dark Party - Hand out glow sticks, glow necklaces and bracelets that add a nightclub touch to your festivities and dance party.
- Kareoke Competition – Offer prizes to singers who encourage the most applause from the audience.
- Senior Viewing – Screen the Senior slideshow or a movie created from the students’ past year
- Bonfire - Weather and safety permitting, coordinate an outside bonfire overseen by a professional where kids can chill or even roast marshmellows.
- Graffiti Wall – Cover one wall in your venue with bulletin board paper, and provide sharpies for students to write messages and their favorite quotes from teachers
- Door Prizes – Connect with local businesses to offer big prizes like iPods and Kindles to raffle winners who attend
- Fortune Teller – Bring in a community fortune teller, psychic or tarot card reader who can offer innocent glimpses into students' futures
- Yearbook Sign – Encourage students to bring their yearbooks and provide pens for them to sign one another’s throughout the night; have a designated table where they can drop off and pick their yearbooks back up
- Photo Booth – String up a colorful sheet, curtain or banner for a photo booth; oversized props create a fun space for students to take pictures with one another – think jumbo sunglasses and fake mustaches
Scrambling to coordinate Project Graduation volunteers? Stress no longer! Free online sign up sheets from VolunteerSpot let you set up all your night’s jobs and needed donations online, invite parents to sign up from their computer or smartphone, and rely on automated reminders to help everyone keep their commitments.
Project Graduation Resources: