Boost Turnout & Raise More Money this Fall
Is your PTA pulling off a big fundraiser this fall like a carnival, chili cook-off, book fair or rummage sale? Take note! Amplifying your school's reach on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram can rally more parents, spread the word, help recognize sponsors, volunteers AND boost profits! Get started:
1. Prep! Starting planning 4-5 weeks before the event, mapping out a detailed Social Media Plan and identifying who will be posting, on what platforms, and when. Get specific – e.g.
One week before: Betty will post photos of Silent Auction Baskets on a Pinterest Board and post links to it on PTA Facebook and Twitter.
Morning of: Kim will post this on PTA Facebook and Twitter - Don't miss Principal A. in the dunking booth at 2pm! Big fun @ #EastElemCarnival. Thx 2 our sponsor @BigStore!
2. Tag & Hashtag! Designate a hashtag for the event and print it promiently on all pre-event communication (eNewsletters and flyers) as well as signs and materials used during the event. For parents who have forgotten or were't sure about attending, when their social feeds fill with fun shouts from the fundraiser, they'll get the kids packed up and over there right away! Bonus: Don't leave your parents guessing, post your school's social handles everywhere so they can connect on the spot.
3. Recruit! Find and sign up volunteers quickly and easily using VolunteerSpot’s free online sign-ups with reminders. Plan your needs and post a sign-up link right in your social media feeds. Parents will pick a shift and sign up from any computer, tablet or smart phone; then VolunteerSpot will remind them when it’s their turn to pitch-in. Try it free today
4. Buzz! Ask your school parents who are active on social media to engage with your schools posts by commenting, sharing photos, and tagging friends in the days leading up to the fundraiser, for example:
Look what I made for the Cake Walk tomorrow! #EastElemCarnival
Kids can’t wait for Movie Night @EastElemPTA! #FrozenSingalong
5. Incentivize! Set up rewards and incentives to get people posting and socializing about the fundraiser. I.e. give out free popcorn when people check in on facebook, hand out raffle tickets to people who take a selfie with the school mascot and use the event hashtage.