$20,000 Available for Schools & Community Groups
What could your school do with an extra $2,500? How would your community put $5,000 to work? The YMCA wants to turn your passion for helping others into real opportunity this October with the My Fresh Page Project.
With 10 prizes up for grabs, ranging from $500 to $5,000, the *YMCA’s Fresh Page Project is a great way for schools, community groups, neighborhoods, even families, to submit a creative and engaging service project idea they need funded.
In mirroring the focus of the YMCA, imagine all the ways your community could work to empower the development of children and teens, support and improve community health and well-being, or create an opportunity to assist individuals or organizations in need.
Turn thoughts into action with the YMCA!
Submit your idea today
5 Easy Ways to Turn Your Idea into a Submission:
1. Get creative: Where could your community use a helping hand? Think of creative ways to pull off your goals, e.g. boost healthy living with a community garden or free cooking classes for families, fight childhood hunger with a backpack food program for schools, support lacking graduation rates with free tutoring services and engaging educational programs.
2. Call your friends: Find other school parents or group members who you know are actively 2. involved in bettering the community. Let them know about this grant opportunity and set a time to get together, put your Fresh Page Project into words, and submit your idea.
3. Use Technology to Communicate: Collaborate with others to put a visual spin on your submission. Take some photos or shoot a short video to include with your submission to make it stand out from the rest!
4. Involve kids/students: If your community really is looking to turn a fresh page, involve the young minds and hearts of students and kids who are actively looking to make an impact in their community. Encourage and support young people in your community in their submissions and help them refine and realize them!
5. The Sooner You Enter the Better! Mark your calendar, October 24th is the FINAL day submissions are accepted for the YMCA My Fresh Page Project and the earlier you enter the more time you have to secure votes. Once you submit an idea use social media to get the word out and get the votes in!
*The Y’s My Fresh Page Project invites individuals across the country to submit their idea for a community improvement or service project to carry out in their hometown. Every day until October 24, visitors to the ymca.net/freshpage will have the opportunity to vote for their favorite idea. After the voting period closes, the Y will review the most popular ideas and award 10 prizes of $500, $2,500 or $5,000 to help winners launch their projects.